Are times a bit tough in your business right now? There’s no time like the present to take action and focus on your customer service. If you have a great product/service and outstanding customer service, then you’ll benefit from the cheapest form of marketing by increasing your repeat customers and referrals!
So here’s 10 ways you can get more repeat customers and have more referrals.
- Send a thank you letter phone call or text. Thank your customers for their business or for paying their bills on time. Thank them for referring people to you. Thank your customers more often and they will respond by giving you more business and spreading the word.
- Send birthday letters or cards. Everyone likes to be remembered on their birthday and why not send a little gift? How about a voucher with a joint venture partner of yours to a restaurant or movie tickets etc.
- Send Christmas cards but make it stand out. For example: add a candy cane and tinsel.
- Give your customers recognition. Collect testimonials and photos from your customers and ask if you can put them up in the reception area to promote their own business at the same time. (Their permission is required).
- Train your staff. Have a brainstorming meeting to discuss different ideas you can implement to serve your customers better. Eg: give them a thank you treat as they leave, offer refreshments while they wait etc.
- Educate your customers by creating newsletters, thank you letters, reports etc. Create a special folder for your reception area with information on your business and how you can help them. Remember it’s all about them.
- Run a survey of your customers asking: What did you like about our service? How can we improve our service to you? What do you like the least? The answers will give you valuable feedback on areas that you may not notice yourself. You may think you are doing a great job in that area however, your customers may not agree so you will need to change or you will lose them.
- Hold breakfasts, lunches or seminars for your good customers. Have an interesting speaker covering a topic that may help them and ask them to bring a friend.
- Give your good customers awards. Send them a certificate to acknowledge them as a top 10, 20 or 50 customer. They’ll love it.
- Send out a small bag of lollipops/chocolate or something small with a personal note attached. Remind them that you are thinking of them and thought you may enjoy these.
So now you need to take action and implement some of these strategies to see results. Any of these will not work if you don’t take action! I’m sure you can also think up some ways to treat your best customers and make your business fun.