How to braid short hair tutorial
I love the rockabilly feel with the big quiff but you can style the top section any way you like. Try a messy side-swept fringe for a modern take on this look. The inspiration image of Nicole Richie is very styled and this version is more wearable.
Braids in short hair – Short hairstyle tutorial
What you need:
- Bobby pins
- Small hair elastics x 3 (optional)
- Start by sectioning your hair. Clip up the top section out of the way. At the back you want to dive your hair in thirds to create equal sized braids.
- Start a Dutch lace braid on the left side. The first braid is a Dutch lace braid. A Dutch braid is the reverse of a French braid and the lace version is where you only add in hair from one side. You want to pull the hair tightly on the left so that the braid sits at the back of the head. Use a small clear elastic to secure the end of the braid or pin in place with bobby pins.
- Next – the middle Dutch braid. Create a Dutch braid down the centre back of your head finishing at the nape of your next. Secure the end with a small elastic or just pin in place with bobby pins.
- Complete the right Dutch lace braid. Repeating the same Dutch lace braid on the right side, making sure to pull the hair in tight from the right. Secure the end of the braid with a small elastic or just pin in place with bobby pins.
- Stretch out the braids and arrange them. It’s hard to see at the back of your head and this style will need adjusting. As the two side braids are lace braids, you can gently stretch them out and pull them closer to the centre braid. Use styling powder if you need to make your hair look thicker. This product is amazing.
- For the quiff – use more styling powder and gently backcomb your hair. When you have the height you want, gently comb over the top to smooth it down and curl it round your finger to set the shape. Set with some hairspray to help it stay all day.
- In the steps above I said it’s optional to use elastics and this totally depends on the length of your hair and the texture. Nella’s hair is really short and I like the messy ends poking out from the braid. If your hair keeps slipping, use a hair band to secure the braid and then pin through the band to hold it in place.
- Stetching out your braids is crucial for this style. Nella’s hair is fine to medium thickness but looks so much fuller with the braids stretched out.
- Use a good hairspray to help hold this style all day. You don’t want your quiff to fall flat!
Do you like this style? What’s your favourite way to style short hair?
Tags : How to braid short hair tutorial, Braids for short hair - short hairstyle tutorial , how to braid short hair,braided hairstyles for short hair,braid for short hair,braid short hair,braided short hair,easy braided hairstyles for short hair,step by step braids for short hair,short and braided hair,how to braide short hair,how to braid your short hair step by step, Side Four Strand Braid and Ribbon Four Strand Braid, 4 strand braid tutorial, 4 Strand Braid Tutorials: Side Four Strand Braid and Ribbon Four Strand Braid Gallery, 4 Strand Braid Tutorials: Side Four Strand Braid and Ribbon Four Strand Braid Hot, 4 Strand Braid Tutorials: Side Four Strand Braid and Ribbon Four Strand Braid New, 4 Strand Braid Tutorials: Side Four Strand Braid and Ribbon Four Strand Braid Photo Gallery, 4 Strand Braid Tutorials: Side Four Strand Braid and Ribbon Four Strand Braid Photos, 4 Strand Braid Tutorials: Side Four Strand Braid and Ribbon Four Strand Braid Picture Gallery, 4 Strand Braid Tutorials: Side Four Strand Braid and Ribbon Four Strand Braid Pictures, 4 strand braids, braided hairstyles, four strand braid tutorial, four strand braids, hairstyle trends, hairstyle tutorials, hairstyles, how to style four strand braids,Waterfall Braid Tutorial for Long Hair,DIY Waterfall Braided Bun Hairstyle,Messy Fishtail Braid Hair Tutorial,Merging Waterfall Braid,Easy Waterfall Braid Tutorial,Ombre Waterfall Braid,Turquoise Waterfall Braid,Waterfall Braid For Girls,Bohemian Side Braid Hair Tutorial,Fishtail Braid hair Tutorial,Waterfall Braids Into Lace French Braids,Blonde Braided Hair pictures, DIY Waterfall Braid,4 Strand Waterfall Braid, Pretty Waterfall Braid,wedding hairstyles with braids and curls,vintage braided wedding hairstyles,waterfall braid wedding hairstyles for long hair,plaited wedding hair, braided wedding hair, DIY wedding hair, how to braid your hair,bridesmaids hair braids,French Braid Hairstyles For Black Hair,french braids hairstyles for black people,2015 long binding black women hairstyles,black hairstyles with rubber bands,french braid for black hair,french braid bun,how to braid hair,different braid styles,braided bun greece look, Waterfall Braid Hairstyles For Long Hair, Dutch Waterfall Braid | Cute Girls Hairstyles, hair tutorial cute hairstyles with twist waterfall braid for medium long hair curly half up updo by cute hairstyles
Source : hairromance.com
Rosalie Braids | Twilight Hairstyles | Cute Girls Hairstyles
Hair Style 0 Comment 291 View Paola hairstyles