Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Permanently
To get rid of bacterial vaginosis permanently requires perhaps a different approach to what you might be expecting. If, like many women, you are thinking that there is a simple remedy or cure you can take from the doctor, then this is not the case.
There is no doubt that treatments such as antibiotics or over the counter creams can bring some temporary relief. However, what they fail to do is to eliminate the root cause, meaning that you are lulled into a false sense of security for a few days or even weeks before the symptoms rear their ugly head again.
Bacterial vaginosis is the result of an imbalance of naturally occurring bacteria within the vagina. If you have BV, that is a sign that the delicate balance has been disrupted, allowing the overgrowth of harmful bacteria. To get rid of bacterial vaginosis, it is essential to rebalance the levels of bacteria and eliminate the root causes.
The root causes can vary from woman to woman, but some common causes are:-
* A change in sexual partner
* Having a lowered immune system
* Using perfumed products on the vagina
Eliminating these common causes can help (in the case of a new sexual partner, ensure that condoms are used) and strategies which can help to rebalance the levels of bacteria within the vagina include:-
* Add a couple of cups of cider vinegar to a shallow bath-the naturally acidic nature of this can encourage good bacteria to grow
* Tea tree oil pessaries can help to kill off harmful bacteria
* Soak a tampon in live yogurt and insert into the vagina. The good bacteria can kick-start the production of more within the vagina
It is always advisable to get rid of bacterial vaginosis as quickly as possible as if left untreated, it can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease and even infertility.