Anti Wrinkle Skin Care – The Best Ingredients Proven to Reverse Wrinkles
What is the secret to anti wrinkle skin care? How can you be one of the lucky ones that looks fifteen years younger than all of your friends?Well, you have to use the right products. The best anti wrinkle products can help you knock years off your face. The goal of this article is to inform you about what to avoid and what to look for in your anti aging products.
What to Avoid
Many companies use synthetic ingredients in their products, mainly because they’re cheap to use. But synthetic ingredients are often harsh and irritating to the skin. Always keep in mind that irritated skin is more likely to age than healthy, hydrated skin.
Also, since skin care products aren’t regulated the same as prescription and over the counter medicine, companies get away with using “questionable” ingredients in their products.
Let’s talk about some of these synthetic and questionable ingredients that you want to avoid in your anti wrinkle skin care products.
* Mineral Oil — This is a very common synthetic moisturizing ingredient. It’s unhealthy for the skin, because it clogs pores and traps bacteria. It does not absorb into the skin at all. There are much better moisturizing ingredients that you can choose from. Stay away from mineral oil.
* Parabens — This is one of those “questionable” ingredients that I was talking about. The best anti wrinkle products will NEVER contain parabens. They are cheap preservatives, used solely to increase the shelf-life of products. However, parabens have been detected in breast tumors and are therefore suspected of causing cancer.
* Alcohols — People who are really serious about anti wrinkle skin care should never use products containing the following alcohols: ethanol, ethyl alcohol, methanol, benzyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, and SD alcohol. The reason is simple; these alcohols promote premature aging, because they are very drying to the skin. They strip away the natural acid mantle, which leaves the skin open to skin-damaging free radicals, bacteria, molds, and viruses.
* 1,4-Dioxane — Although this is a synthetic derivative of coconut, it is “known to the State of California to cause cancer”.Why would anyone want to use a product containing that?
* Fragrances — I know it seems strange that you should stay away from fragrances, but fragrances can be made of any of four thousand different ingredients, many of which are known carcinogens. Spraying on a bit of perfume is much better than rubbing fragrant lotions into your skin.
Ingredients to Look For
Now that we’ve talked about what ingredients to avoid in your anti wrinkle skin care products, let’s talk about what ingredients you should be seeking out to use on your skin.
The ingredients found in the best anti wrinkle products to use should serve the following purposes:
* Repair and maintain the skin matrix — Damage to the skin matrix is the reason that wrinkles form. Therefore, a quality anti aging product should repair and maintain the skin matrix. In order to do that, it needs to stimulate the body to increase its production of collagen and elastin, which are the main components of the skin matrix. Collagen and elastin are produced in abundance when we’re young, but as we grow older, production slows down, leaving an insufficient amount to maintain the skin matrix.
* Preserve levels of hyaluronic acid — Hyaluronic acid is a “goo-like” substance in the skin matrix that acts as a cushion and filler material. It’s also responsible for retaining moisture in the cells, filling them up and giving them volume. Hyaluronic acid has been referred to as the “key to the fountain of youth”. Unfortunately, there are enzymes in our bodies that are constantly working to degrade hyaluronic acid. When this happens, cells flatten out, the skin matrix weakens, wrinkles form easier, and the skin looks dull.
* Provide protection against oxidation — Oxidation of the cells happen when free radicals attack molecules, stealing electrons, and effectively destroying those molecules. If free radicals attack molecules in the skin matrix, they can jumpstart a huge chain reaction of destruction that inevitably ends in the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Anti wrinkle skin care products should ALWAYS protect the skin from free radicals.