Anti Aging Skin Care Secrets That You Must Know
Not long ago, an anti aging skin care product promised to help women who were determined not to age gracefully, but instead, to fight wrinkles every step of the way. In the couple of decades since a TV ad made that promise, advances in anti aging chemistry and technology have brought women closer and closer to being able to keep it. The latest skin care creams on the market include ingredients that have proven to make your skin look younger by reducing wrinkles and rejuvenating your skin cells for a youthful appearance. Just what are these miracle ingredients and what do they do?
Why Skin Ages
To understand how these miracle ingredients help you look younger, you first need to understand why and how skin ages. Your skin cells are made up of collagen and elastin, a pair of proteins that make up a network that keeps your skin firm and smooth. As you get older, your body slows its production of collagen, and elastin, which helps skin spring back into place, loses some of its elasticity. Your skin cells don’t slough off so quickly, and your complexion loses its youthful, dewy appearance.
Living takes its toll as well. The sun dries and toughens your skin, making it look leathery. Cigarettes and other toxins in the air can accelerate skin aging, increasing the number and depth of wrinkles and making you look even older.
Anti Aging Prevention
There are ways to slow your skin’s aging, anti-aging isometric exercises to help keep muscles firm, for example. Other ways to prevent wrinkles and keep skin looking young include:
* Stay out of the sun during the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to avoid the worst of the sun’s aging effects.
* Avoid sleeping in the same position every night, or sleep on your back to prevent sleep lines.
* Always wear sunscreen when you’re out in the sun.
* Eat a diet rich in anti-oxidant vitamins throughout your life.
* Avoid cigarette smoking, which is one of the most skin-damaging habits you can pick up.
* Wear moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
Anti Aging Skin Products
Some anti aging skin products appear to reverse the appearance of aging by plumping the skin around wrinkles or encouraging the production of collagen. Look for anti aging skin care products that include ingredients like:
* D3PA, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substance that fights free radicals that cause wrinkles.
* Ubiquinone, a super anti-oxidant that fights free radicals and makes skin appear more youthful. It also boosts the body’s ability to produce collagen and preserves elastin to keep your skin looking younger and firmer.
* Ascorbyl palmitate, a form of vitamin C, another antioxidant, which promotes the production of collagen and protects your skin from the effects of the sun
* Deanol, which helps tone the muscles beneath your skin and contributes to firmer, more elastic skin cells
* Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, an acid that appears to have the same effect as Botox-without the needles.
Anti aging skin care creams that contain the above ingredients appear to be the wave of the future in anti aging products that help keep skin looking youthful and wrinkle-free well into your senior years.